What Is a Rehab Center?
A rehab center is a place that treats addiction. People generally go to rehab centers when they are unable to get off drugs themselves, which is often the case.
Rehab centers exist across the country, since addiction is a nationwide issue. People generally go to the one closest to them; those living in Los Angeles would attend a Los Angeles rehab center, for example.
The primary aim of a Los Angeles rehab center is to enable people to regain their ability to function optimally in their daily lives. They commonly address issues such as substance abuse, but also mental health disorders.
People who attend rehab centers are those seeking help for addiction. They realize they can’t continue on with the way things are and can’t overcome their condition alone. Clientele varies widely in age, background, and the nature of their conditions.
Once enrolled in a Los Angeles rehab center, a person may take advantage of a range of care options. This can include inpatient treatment, outpatient treatment, partial hospitalization programs, and more. It all depends on their level of need.
What Does a Rehab Center in Los Angeles Treat?
A rehab center in Los Angeles, much like elsewhere, offers treatment for a range of drug addictions and mental health issues. The diverse nature of these centers allows them to cater to various needs, with some specializing in specific types of treatments or disorders.
Here are common issues that a rehab center in Los Angeles might address:
- Opioids: Treatment for opioid addiction often includes medication-assisted therapy (MAT), counseling, and support groups.
- Cocaine: Therapy for cocaine addiction typically focuses on behavioral therapies and group support.
- Methamphetamine: Treatment for meth addiction usually involves a combination of behavioral therapy, counseling, and support programs.
- Prescription Drugs: This includes addiction to painkillers, sedatives, and stimulants, and often involves MAT, detoxification, and counseling.
- Alcohol Addiction:Treatment for alcoholism includes detoxification, MAT, individual and group therapy, and support groups like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA).
Mental Health Issues:
- Depression: Treatment may involve psychotherapy, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), medication, and lifestyle counseling.
- Anxiety Disorders: These are often treated with a combination of therapy (such as CBT), medication, and relaxation techniques.
- Bipolar Disorder: Treatment usually involves medication management, psychotherapy, and education about the disorder.
- Schizophrenia: Rehab centers may provide medication management, psychotherapy, and social rehabilitation.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD): This is often treated with specialized therapies like Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) and trauma-focused CBT.
- Co-Occurring Disorders: Many rehab centers in Los Angeles also specialize in treating individuals with dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorders, where a person suffers from both substance abuse and a mental health issue. Integrated treatment plans are developed for such cases.
- Behavioral Addictions: Some centers also treat behavioral addictions like gambling, sex addiction, or internet addiction, using various therapies and support groups.
- Family Therapy and Support: Many rehab centers include family therapy as part of the treatment process, recognizing the impact of addiction and mental health issues on loved ones.
- Holistic Therapies: In addition to traditional treatments, rehab centers in Los Angeles may offer holistic therapies like yoga, meditation, art therapy, and equine therapy, aimed at treating the whole person – mind, body, and spirit.
These treatment programs are typically tailored to the individual’s needs, taking into account their specific situation, the severity of their condition, and their personal goals for recovery. The approach in Los Angeles, known for its diverse and innovative healthcare landscape, often combines evidence-based treatments with alternative and holistic methods to provide comprehensive care.
5 Benefits of Attending a Rehab Center Near Los Angeles
Going to a treatment center in Los Angeles can bring a variety of benefits to your life.
Here are five benefits of attending a Los Angeles rehab center:
- Access to High-Quality Care: Los Angeles is home to some of the best rehab centers in the United States, offering high-quality care with experienced professionals. These centers often employ cutting-edge treatments and therapies, ensuring that patients receive the most effective care possible.
- Supportive Environment: The environment in and around Los Angeles can be particularly conducive to recovery. Attending a Los Angeles rehab center means you can take advantage of the area’s famous year-round sunshine and natural beauty. These can both contribute positively to the healing process.
- Explore Underlying Issues: Why did you use drugs in the first place? Do you even know. It’s okay if you don’t – sometimes we don’t know ourselves as well as we think we do. This is the real value of a Los Angeles rehab center. Trained therapists can help you uncover the underlying drivers of your addiction, meaning you can get clean and actually stay clean.
- Continued Networking Opportunities: Los Angeles, known for its diverse and dynamic community, offers ample opportunities for networking and building supportive relationships post-recovery. Rehab centers in Los Angeles often facilitate connections with local support groups and alumni, providing a robust network that can assist in long-term sobriety and personal growth.
- Cultural and Holistic Options: Los Angeles’s rich cultural landscape offers a variety of holistic and alternative treatment options. Many rehab centers in the area integrate these options, such as yoga, meditation, art therapy, and exposure to diverse cultural activities. This holistic approach can enhance traditional treatments, catering to the unique needs and preferences of each individual.
Opting for a Los Angeles rehab center means taking advantage of an array of treatment approaches, both traditional and holistic, all while enjoying the sunny weather and amenities the city has to offer.
We are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
What Is Addiction Treatment in Southern California Like?
At South Coast Behavioral Health, we offer a variety of treatment options:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): ACT is a form of psychotherapy that encourages individuals to embrace their thoughts and feelings rather than fighting or feeling guilty for them. It focuses on six core processes, including acceptance, mindfulness, self as context, values, and committed action. The goal is to increase psychological flexibility and the ability to engage in values-based, positive behaviors.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): CBT is a widely used therapy that focuses on identifying and challenging negative thought patterns and beliefs. It helps individuals develop healthier thinking patterns and behaviors. CBT is effective for a range of mental health issues, including depression, anxiety disorders, and phobias, by breaking down overwhelming problems into smaller parts.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): DBT is a type of cognitive-behavioral therapy that combines standard CBT techniques with mindfulness-based strategies. It is particularly effective for individuals with borderline personality disorder and those exhibiting self-harm behaviors. DBT emphasizes balancing acceptance and change, helping individuals manage their emotions and improve relationships.
- Problem-Solving Therapy (PST): PST is a cognitive-behavioral intervention that helps individuals learn how to manage the challenges and stressors of life more effectively. It focuses on identifying problems clearly, generating realistic solutions, and then implementing and evaluating these solutions. PST is useful for treating depression, anxiety, and everyday life stress.
- Motivational Interviewing (MI): MI is a counseling approach that helps people resolve ambivalent feelings and insecurities to find the internal motivation they need to change their behavior. It’s often used in addiction treatment. MI involves empathy, discrepancy, avoiding argumentation, rolling with resistance, and supporting self-efficacy.
- Adventure Therapy: Adventure Therapy combines outdoor activities with psychological treatment. It involves activities like hiking, rock climbing, and wilderness expeditions, providing experiential learning and personal growth opportunities. It is designed to foster teamwork, self-esteem, and problem-solving skills.
- Expressive Arts Therapy: Expressive arts therapy uses the creative process of making art to improve a person’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. It includes subsets like:
- Art Therapy: Utilizes drawing, painting, and sculpting to express emotions and thoughts.
- Music Therapy: Involves using music to address emotional, cognitive, and social needs.
- Psychodrama: A therapeutic approach where clients use spontaneous dramatization and role-playing.
- Trauma Therapy: This is a specific approach to therapy that recognizes and emphasizes understanding how the traumatic experience impacts a person’s mental, behavioral, emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. It includes subsets like:
- EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing): A structured therapy that encourages the patient to briefly focus on the trauma memory while simultaneously experiencing bilateral stimulation (typically eye movements), which is associated with a reduction in the vividness and emotion associated with the trauma memories.
- Trauma-Focused CBT: Tailored for individuals suffering from trauma-related symptoms, trauma-focused CBT combines trauma-sensitive interventions with cognitive-behavioral techniques.
No matter what your needs are, we have an approach that will work for you. Call one of our specialists to get started.
Addiction Treatment Options at SCBH
If you or a loved one are seeking a Los Angeles rehab for addiction, South Coast Behavioral Health is here to help. The first step in treating addiction is a medical detox. This means using drugs to manage withdrawal symptoms.
Our medical detox program in California is staffed by caring and compassionate professionals who can provide you with medications to manage your withdrawal symptoms.
At South Coast, we take pride in offering care that is closely tailored to specific issues. To that end, we offer gender-specific detox programs, with medical detox for men in Irvine, CA, and medical detox for women in Huntington Beach, CA.
After detoxing, proper treatment can begin.
Treatment for substance abuse takes place along an entire spectrum of care. Along that entire spectrum are various behavioral therapies, support groups, and the use of medically-assisted treatment (MAT).
These levels of treatment are, in order, as follows:
Residential Treatment in California
After successfully completing medical detox, you’ll receive inpatient treatment in Orange County California. There, you’ll receive medically-assisted treatment and dual diagnosis treatment to deal with any cravings or co-occurring mental health issues you may be battling.
We also offer residential treatment facilities in Costa Mesa, Irvine, and Huntington Beach for those who desire gender-specific treatment. There, patients get round-the-clock medical attention and monitoring while living at the institution full-time.
In addition to individual and group counseling and medication management, you’ll also have access to leisure activities and family support services.
Partial Hospitalization in California
Most clients start substance abuse treatment with South Coast in our residential treatment program. After completing that, many desire something that still provides structure and support, but with extra space and time to oneself. For that, we offer Partial Hospitalization in Newport Beach.
A step down from inpatient care but with more structure than conventional outpatient programs, partial hospitalization offers a good balance for those looking to ease back into normal life. Clients can receive care five to seven days a week for a number of hours each day, returning back to their homes in the evening.
This way, they can recover without putting their daily lives completely on hold, receiving intense therapeutic interventions like group and individual therapy, skill development, and medication management as necessary.
Intensive Outpatient Treatment in California
For those leaving inpatient residential treatment or partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient programs (IOP) are yet another gradual step forward on the road to recovery.
With a focus on group therapy, individual counseling, and education, clients undergoing Intensive Outpatient Treatment in Newport Beach can meet three to five days a week. Each session lasts three hours.
This level of care requires the least amount of attendance at a facility.
Get Started Today
If you or a loved one are struggling with addiction but wonder how long addiction treatment takes or have other questions, call us at 866-881-1184 or contact us here. Our highly qualified staff will be happy to help give you an idea on what to expect from your addiction recovery timeline, help verify your insurance, and assist with any other questions you may have.