What Is Women-Only Addiction Rehab?
Addiction rehab, or rehabilitation, is a process aimed at helping individuals overcome addiction to substances such as drugs or alcohol. The primary goal of addiction rehab is to enable individuals to stop using the substance they are addicted to and to recover from the addiction, both physically and mentally.
The specific form addiction rehab takes will depend on the needs of the person, and the particular treatment center. For instance, a woman based in Southern California who struggles with addiction may benefit from a women-only rehab center in Huntington Beach. A place like this would offer a treatment more tailored for her needs.
What Is Women-Only Rehab Like?
Women in recovery face particular challenges. They’re more likely to deal with co-occurring mental health issues, often stemming from histories of trauma. They may also be more likely to deal with parenting responsibilities and housing insecurity.
As a result, a women-only rehab center in Huntington Beach might offer more emphasis on a safe and comforting environment, as well as childcare options.
Other benefits of such a rehab may include:
- Focused Therapy and Treatment: These programs often include therapy sessions that address issues common among women in recovery, such as self-esteem, body image, motherhood, and familial responsibilities.
- Peer Support: Being in a community of women who understand each other’s struggles can be empowering. Peer support helps in sharing experiences and learning from each other, creating a strong support network.
- Gender-Specific Issues: Women-only rehabs in Huntington Beach or elsewhere are equipped to address gender-specific health issues related to addiction, such as hormonal changes, pregnancy-related concerns, or menstrual cycle effects on addiction and recovery.
- Holistic Approach: A women-only rehab in Huntington Beach may offer holistic treatments such as yoga, meditation, or art therapy, providing tools for stress management and emotional regulation which are crucial for long-term recovery.
- Aftercare Planning: These programs often include comprehensive aftercare planning to help women maintain sobriety after leaving rehab. This might include ongoing therapy, support groups, and resources for job placement or education.
- Empowerment and Independence: These programs often emphasize empowering women to make healthy choices and become independent, contributing positively to their self-esteem and overall mental health.
- Customized Treatment Plans: A women-only rehab in Huntington Beach will understand that each woman’s path to recovery is unique. It can provide customized treatment plans to address individual needs, histories, and goals.
A women-only rehab in Huntington Beach can provide a comprehensive, nurturing, and empowering environment for women to recover from addiction, addressing both their immediate needs in overcoming substance abuse and their long-term wellness and personal growth.
How Do I Find Women-Only Rehab in Huntington Beach, California?
If you want to find a gendered rehab in Huntington Beach, call South Coast Behavioral Health. At our Huntington Beach facility, we offer women in recovery an environment that is safe and stigma-free. Guests in our gender-specific residential program receive treatment that is suited to their recovery process. As a result, our women-only rehab in Huntington Beach includes therapy with other women, talk therapy that emphasizes female issues, and treatment in female-only accommodation.
Gendered Rehab Programs at South Coast Behavioral Health
If you or a loved one are seeking treatment for addiction, South Coast Behavioral Health is here to help. The first step in treating addiction is a medical detox. This means using drugs to manage withdrawal symptoms.
Our medical detox program in California is staffed by caring and compassionate professionals who can provide you with medications to manage your withdrawal symptoms.
At South Coast, we take pride in offering care that is closely tailored to specific issues. To that end, we offer gender-specific detox programs, with medical detox for men in Irvine, CA, and medical detox for women in Huntington Beach, CA.
After detoxing, proper treatment can begin.
Treatment for substance abuse takes place along an entire spectrum of care. Along that entire spectrum are various behavioral therapies, support groups, and the use of medically-assisted treatment (MAT).
We are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 365 days per year.
Residential Treatment in California
After successfully completing medical detox, you’ll receive inpatient treatment in Orange County California. There, you’ll receive medically-assisted treatment and dual diagnosis treatment to deal with any cravings or co-occurring mental health issues you may be battling.
We also offer residential treatment facilities in Costa Mesa, Irvine, and Huntington Beach for those who desire gender-specific treatment. There, patients get round-the-clock medical attention and monitoring while living at the institution full-time.
In addition to individual and group counseling and medication management, you’ll also have access to leisure activities and family support services.
Partial Hospitalization in California
Most clients start substance abuse treatment with South Coast in our residential treatment program. After completing that, many desire something that still provides structure and support, but with extra space and time to oneself. For that, we offer Partial Hospitalization in Newport Beach.
A step down from inpatient care but with more structure than conventional outpatient programs, partial hospitalization offers a good balance for those looking to ease back into normal life. Clients can receive care five to seven days a week for a number of hours each day, returning back to their homes in the evening.
This way, they can recover without putting their daily lives completely on hold, receiving intense therapeutic interventions like group and individual therapy, skill development, and medication management as necessary.
Intensive Outpatient Treatment in California
For those leaving inpatient residential treatment or partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient programs (IOP) are yet another gradual step forward on the road to recovery.
With a focus on group therapy, individual counseling, and education, clients undergoing Intensive Outpatient Treatment in Newport Beach can meet three to five days a week. Each session lasts three hours.
This level of care requires the least amount of attendance at a facility.